19 November 2008

Back from Singapore

We really didn't need to buy any books but spent a very happy hour browsing the Singapore BookFest and I am happy to report that crime fiction is alive and well in Singapore.

You might also remember that I took a pile of books with me.
Sadly a couple of extras found their way into the travel bag, and wormed their way into my attention. I read
A HOLLY, JOLLY MURDER, Joan Hess
A MAN LAY DEAD, Ngaio Marsh
THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT, Agatha Christie

I made good headway in THE 19TH WIFE by David Ebershoff but I am not sure whether I'll get it finished for this weekend's discussion. It does require some seriously attentive reading. I've also begun MYSTERIOUS PLEASURES edited by Martin Edwards which is a collection of very enjoyable short stories. But I was a little ambitious this time in how much reading I was going to get done, and some books came back untouched.

We got back this morning after an overnight flight.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Welcome back. How utterly exotic to go to Singapore. But then I guess it ain't exactly as far from your place as it is from mine ;-) I have never been to Asia (or Australia for that matter). I have gone West when I have gone far away instead. I went to a book convention myself this past weekend http://louspages.blogspot.com/2008/11/national-blog-posting-month-16-so-many.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin