11 April 2009

I didn't need any more books!

Yesterday we went out to the Meadows Easter Fair and discovered heaven in the form of a number of second hand book tables. You can see my purchases on the right.

Now I can justify the Agatha Christie's with the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (although thus far the library has supplied all my needs).

I bought the Arthur Upfields at Elliot Books in the mainstreet of Port Elliot. It was recommended to me by a work colleague and, although my parents live down there, I had never been into the store before. Well worth visiting often! He gave me a discount for buying more than one book.

Anyway I bought the Upfields because of 3 Acts of Murder coming to ABC TV soon.
From the website:
In 1929 Arthur Upfield, Australia's premier crime writer, plotted the perfect murder for his novel The Sands of Windee. Meanwhile, one of his friends, stockman Snowy Rowles, put the scheme into deadly effect, even before the book was published. The result was one of Australia's most sensational murder trials of the 1930s.
Well, as you can see, I didn't manage to buy SANDS OF WINDEE so perhaps I'll have to pay another visit soon.

Anyway I decided to spend today moving Mount TBR from the various locations described in another post two weeks ago, to its own dedicated bookshelf.

BEFORE
At this stage I though the TBR count was about 189

AFTER


Thanks to the fact that I discovered a couple of duplicates, the count now comes in now at 197 (I think, although I have lent some unread books out to friends just recently).

I like the fact that I now have them all in one place.
And those who are waiting for me to review something: that second shelf from the top is the review shelf.
Now all I have to do is tidy up the mess I've made moving the books.
Agatha Christie pile

Next up in my ACRC reading should be a set of short stories PARTNERS IN CRIME but it has been on order from the library for nearly a month now.

So I'll probably go on to the next: THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE



1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

Bless you Kerrie, you've made me feel so much better about my TBR piles! It was great to see on your poll that a substantial stash is not unique to me, in fact, mine is a minor foothill compared to some.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin