6 March 2014

Progress Report: Vintage Mystery Bingo

I've been making some progress in this meme hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block, but, as you can see, I have nothing like straight lines on either card yet.
I'm rather pleased with my card "manipulation" using Gimp though.

* All books must be from the mystery category (crime fiction, detective fiction, espionage, etc.).  The mystery/crime must be the primary feature of the book--ghost stories, paranormal, romance, humor, etc are all welcome as ingredients, but must not be the primary category under which these books would be labeled at the library or bookstore.
*Challengers may play either the Silver Age or Golden Age Card—or both.
*BINGOS may be claimed by completing all spaces in a row--horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.  You may also claim a “Four Corner” BINGO by reading a book for each of the four corners plus two more spaces—any two.  A valid BINGO must have six complete spaces.
This post will be my record for the challenge and I aim to update it as I read and review the books.

Golden Vintage - books written before 1960


6 books to be read
  1. THE LATE MONSIEUR GALLET, Georges Simenon, published 1931 - one translated work
  2. THE NURSING HOME MURDER, Ngaio Marsh, published 1937 - One Medical Mystery
  3. MURDER IN THE MEWS, Agatha Christie, published 1937 - a short story collection
  4. DEATH OF A SWAGMAN, Arthur Upfield, published 1945 -  a man in the title
Silver Vintage: books written 1960 - 1989


6 books to be read
  1. 4.4, THIRD GIRL, Agatha Christie published 1966 - book with a Woman in the title
  2. 3.9, A HANK OF HAIR, Charlotte Jay,  published 1964 - by an author with a pseudonym
  3. 4.4, ENDLESS NIGHT, Agatha Christie, published 1967 - has been made into a movie
  4. 4.5, BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS, Agatha Christie, published 1968 - a detective team
  5. 4.5, ARMS FOR ADONIS, Charlotte Jay, published 1961 - set anywhere except USA or UK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - You have done a fine job with Gimp. I must play with that myself. And you're making progress towards the goal, too and that's great.

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm definitely going to have to sign up to it! Looks like you're going along nicely :-)

Bev Hankins said...

You're doing nicely! And I like how you've been able to mark your card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin